Apple has announced today (7 Sept – PDT; 8 Sept – SGT) the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus, the next generation iPhone and the successor to the iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus.
Some key features of the new iPhone 7:
- Water and Dust Resistant (IP67)
- New ‘Jet Black’ colour; available for 128GB or 256GB only.
- 7MP FaceTime camera (Front Facing)
- Dual lens camera on the iPhone 7 Plus models only.
- Stereo Speakers (Earpiece as either left/right speaker)
- Enhanced 12MP back camera with better low-light images than the 6s.
Some of the changes made were the removal of the headphone jack. As according to Apple, the removal is necessary when the insides of the iPhone 7 and 7 Plus is completely re-engineered and with more key components added to it.
But fret not, Apple has included a Lightning to 3.5mm adapter in the box just in case if you hadn’t crossed over to wireless.
So, these are the brief updates to the iPhone 7. How do you think and/or feel about it? Let us know in the comments below!