The Apple Watch Series 3 with Cellular has now been confirmed that it will be available and go on sale in Singapore, following the certification of the Cellular models on the IMDA’s website earlier this month.
The Apple Watch Series 3 with Cellular will begin its pre-order on 2 February 2018, a week from now, and will be available from 9 February through the Apple Online Store and the physical stores like Apple Orchard Road.
On the cellular versions, Apple Watch users can make and receive phone calls and use apps which will require an internet connection, without the need for your iPhone to be nearby. Sending and receiving of SMSes will not be available, however, according to Singtel’s FAQ,
The cellular models that are available in Singapore follow the same model numbers in Australia, Japan, Hong Kong (same launch date as Singapore’s) and in the UK, with model numbers, A1889 for the 38mm and A1891 for the 42mm. At launch, the Apple Watch Series 3 with Cellular will only work via Singtel’s network, with no words on the availability yet by the other 2 carriers, Starhub and M1.
To use the Apple Watch Series 3 with Cellular, you will need:
- An iPhone 6 and later, updated to latest version of iOS 11.
- Be on the Singtel network with either Combo, SIM Only or MobileShare Supplementary (with 4G ClearVoice) plans with NumberShare subscribed.
Details of Subscription via Singtel
The new service called “NumberShare” will have the same number as your main line and shares the same bundled plan subscribed – data and talk time for the Apple Watch Series 3 with Cellular.
The new service will only be available to customers who are on Combo, SIM Only or MobileShare Supplementary (with 4G ClearVoice) plans, but not for EasyMobile, Prepaid and Multi-SIM customers.
Details on the monthly subscription plan to use the Cellular service on the Apple Watch is at $6.90/month for a limited time only.
currently not available as of yet as more details will be available closer to the launch date. [Developing..]
Details on NumberShare:
- A one-time $10.70 service activation fee will be charged. (HWZ, Singtel’s T&C)
- Additional 0.3GB/month will be added to your current plan.
- Roaming will not be enabled.
- FREE first 3 months’ subscription.
- Minimum with a 12-month subscription. (Singtel’s T&C)
- Activate the cellular service and mobile data only via the Apple Watch app upon setting up the Apple Watch Series 3 with Cellular for Mobile Data or Cellular service.
- If a replacement (change of device) for the Apple Watch is made due to repairs, there will be an (additional) $10.70 fee to re-activate. The same applies if a different or new Apple Watch is being used to activate the Apple Watch for cellular service.
- However, if a restore is made and to be used for cellular services using the same number and Apple Watch, there will be no re-activation fees.
- According to Singtel,
only the Apple Watch Series 3 with Cellular purchased from Singapore is supported by NumberShareit is encouraged to purchase the Apple Watch Series 3 with Cellular in Singapore although it is unconfirmed if the Apple Watch Series 3 with Cellular that were purchased from overseas such as Australia and Japan will be fully compatible with Singtel’s network though they share the same model numbers as like Singapore’s. [Developing…]
- Each (main) line or number can only subscribe to 1 NumberShare service. This means if you happen to own more than one Apple Watch Series 3 with Cellular, only one can be registered for the service using the same (main) mobile number.
(GPS + Cellular)
(GPS + Cellular)
|Aluminium Case with Sport Band
|Aluminium Case with Sport Loop
|Stainless Steel Case with Soft White Sport Band||S$888||S$968|
|Space Black Stainless Steel Case with Black Sport Band||S$888||S$968|
|Stainless Steel Case with Milanese Loop||S$1,028||S$1,108|
|Space Black Stainless Steel Case with Space Black Milanese Loop||S$1,108||S$1,188|
|White Ceramic Case with Soft White/Pebble Sport Band||S$1,898||S$1,978|
|Grey Ceramic Case with Grey/Black Sport Band||S$1,898||S$1,978|
The Aluminium Case models features in either GPS only or GPS + Cellular versions whereas the Stainless Steel and the Ceramic Cases features only in the GPS + Cellular versions.
AppleCare+ covers 2 years of coverage and is available for purchase for S$88 for the Aluminium and Stainless Steel Cases, up to 2 incidents of accidental damage, subjected to a S$98 service fee, except for the Hermes versions which are available for S$158.
Similarly, the AppleCare+ for Ceramic Cases will be available for purchase for S$158. Both the Hermes and Ceramic cases cover up to 2 incidents of accidental damage, subjected to a S$118 service fee.
It has been a long wait since the announcement of the Apple Watch Series 3 with Cellular where it was not available for Singapore then, but it is now official that it will be coming soon! Will you be getting the Apple Watch Series 3 with Cellular after the 4-month wait?